Get your dance in, Be more authentic, Explore sensation and tap into your Body Wisdom!
After watching her community of dancers move for many years and listening deep within, Kelly Atkins, Kai's founder, began to feel a deep "inner wiggle" that something better, something that was more organic and supported each individual body to truly move in its unique essence and serve as a body mind dance integration. Kelly began experimenting with her students and the creation of Kai formed naturally.
Kelly referenced life experiences, nature, watching her children go through the developmental stages. She used this wisdom blended with the knowledge from her professional training and experience of over 30 years to develop the concepts that make Kai so special.
- The first Kai training was offered in May of 2013 followed by 13 more trainings, both online and locally in Sarasota Florida. Since it's inception, over 80 men and women from 6 different countries and 8 USA states have completed the training to date.
- Most take trainings for personal reasons, those that are interested in teaching can apprentice with Kelly to begin integrating the movement and philosophy of Kai into their life and business.
- One of the key concepts of Kai is moving naturally and specifically to move with the energy of the elements found in nature. With this Kelly began researching and found that Costa Rica was best known for its diverse Eco system. This inspired yearly retreats with a theme "Return to Nature" that began June 2014 and continues.... During the retreats participants experience a "time out" of normal distraction and explore the elements around them and inside through yoga and Kai classes. They are open for anyone interested in restoration and self-care.
- Kelly has also choreographed 14 BOWS ( bodies of work- an hour long dance with a specific theme for teachers to learn and embody Kai's concepts deeper). Teachers have access to the videos as continuing education through the Kai Portal for a subscription monthly fee.
- Kai students range in age from 3-90 with an average age of about 60. Classes comprise of both men and women.
Become a teacher or find a class near you!
Kai classes blend 21 simple moves in choreographed patterns with guided authentic movement designed to access a wide range of mind-body fitness. Kai provides a cardio workout and also integrates meditation, yoga, and the freedom of play in a one hour class. No dance experience is necessary. It is adaptable for all fitness levels, all ages, men and women and is designed to integrate body and mind.
Coaching with Kelly
This is a personalized program made for you, to fit your schedule, lifestyle and desires. Ive found that having a coach personally, who embodies self love and who leads with feminine power has been a vital part of my own journey. It's been a resource that's helped me enormously. To feel more energy, body love, pleasure and focus and to be fully creative in the world in many different ways.
I love to help women feel more comfortable and empowered thru their body wisdom. Sessions are supportive, nurturing and restoring. Believe it or not, it doesn't take pushing and eforting endlessing to reach goals.....rather, it can be a practice of deeper love, deeper listening, and letting nature and natural alignments come in to support you.
This program is done from afar thru Skype, videos, phone, text..